Dora & Diego--Let's Explore! Only through Jan. 6
December 5, 2012
For Immediate Release
Dora & Diego—Let’s Explore!
Open Only Through January 6, 2013
Note : Museum Holiday Hours:
Monday, December 24 (Christmas Eve): museum closes at 4 p.m.
Tuesday, December 25 (Christmas Day): museum is closed.
Monday, December 31 (New Years Eve): museum closes at 4 p.m.
Tuesday, January 1 (New Years Day): museum open from noon to 5 p.m.
It’s almost time to say adios to the Dora & Diego—Let’s Explore! exhibit, featuring Dora, Diego, and their friends from the hit preschool series Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! The exhibit is open only through Sunday, January 6.
Come along on the adventures of Nickelodeon’s seven-year-old Latina heroine Dora and her eight-year-old cousin Diego, a bilingual animal rescuer who protects animals and their environment. Children and families share in active play and problem-solving as they navigate the rainforest worlds of Dora and Diego and discover how to be good friends and care for animals. Spanish vocabulary is incorporated throughout the exhibit to introduce Spanish-speaking skills to preschool children.
Children climb, crawl, jump, and learn in playfully engaging environments:
- Pirate Ship: Join the Pirate Piggies’ crew. Dress like a pirate and pretend sailing the ship.
- Rainforest Maze: Get active! Swing on monkey bars, crawl through a fallen tree, climb across Jaguar Mountain, and jump or hop across the river rocks.
- Animal Rescue Center: Be an animal rescuer! Diagnose, bandage, apply cold packs, and “bathe” stuffed animals.
- Tico’s Tree: Help Tico gather nuts for a family picnic before Swiper swipes them.
- Isa’s Flowery Garden: Play with flowers and interact with bird, butterfly, and insect puppets.
- The Purple Planet: Visit a home on the Purple Planet, climb the stairs on one side and slide down the other.
- Rocket Ship: Put on a spacesuit, pilot the ship, and play a memory game.
Produced by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis in cooperation with Nickelodeon, the Dora and Diego: Let’s Explore! exhibit is presented by the WellPoint Foundation. © 2013 Viacom International Inc. All rights reserved. Nickelodeon, Dora the Explorer, Go, Diego, Go! and all related titles, logos, and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. Presented locally by MVP Health Care.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.