Clifford The Big Red Dog 50th Birthday Celebration Feb. 2 & 3
January 3, 2013
For Immediate Release
Clifford the Big Red Dog’s 50th Birthday
at the National Museum of Play®
February 2 & 3
Guess who’s turning 50? Come celebrate Clifford the Big Red Dog’s 50th Birthday at the National Museum of Play at The Strong on Saturday, February 2 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, February 3 from 1 to 4 p.m. The weekend of big, red, tail-wagging fun is part of the ongoing Literature Live children’s series and presented in partnership with WXXI:
- Meet Clifford, shake his paw, and pose for pictures.
- Enjoy special story readings on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 and 2:30 p.m., and Sunday at 1:30 and 2:30 p.m.
- View episodes from the Clifford the Big Red Dog television show courtesy of WXXI. (Clifford the Big Red Dog airs weekdays at 2 p.m., Saturdays at 8:30 a.m., and Sundays at 9:30 a.m. on WXXI-TV/HD.)
- Create and card for Clifford.
- On Saturday, join in Clifford-themed activities and giveaways presented by WXXI.
- Play with Folkmanis puppet puppies, kittens, and other fluffy friends.
Did you know that the National Museum of Play is a mini-branch of the Rochester Public Library and part of the larger Monroe County Library system? Use your library card to check out Clifford stories and other titles located in book nooks throughout the galleries. Don’t have a library card? You can sign up for one at the museum’s Gelser Library Desk. You can also learn about WXXI’s PBS Kids’ Club.
All Clifford the Big Red Dog Birthday activities are included with general museum admission fees.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.