In Another Galaxy Weekend at National Museum of Play
March 29, 2012
For Immediate Release
In Another Galaxy Weekend
at the National Museum of Play®
April 28 & 29
Come dressed as one of your favorite science-fiction characters and be swept up in a weekend of epic proportions during In Another Galaxy at the National Museum of Play at The Strong® on Saturday, April 28 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, April 29 from 1 to 4 p.m. The blockbuster sci-fi event returns by popular demand with some new twists.
A cosmos of other intergalactic activities await:
- See robots built by the R2-D2 Builders Club and FIRST Robotics Team #578 from Fairport High School.
- On Saturday only, view a display of high-altitude weather balloons by University of Buffalo Students for the Exploration and Development of Space.
- Meet Sunnking Electronics Recycling’s eBot and learn about waste and recycling.
- View science-fiction artifacts—including action figures and space ships—from the museum’s renowned collections.
- Play Tron, Asteroids, and other vintage science-fiction arcade games, as well as LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga for Wii.
- Transform Mr. Potato Head into Darth Tater or Artoo Potatoo and get a temporary tattoo at the Tatoonine Tattoo Shop.
- Check out a cardboard T-65 X-Wing Fighter that’s more than four feet long!
- Enjoy brain teasers and puzzles from the Imperial Cadet Training Manual and the Rebel Legion Activity Book.
- Check out live bugs and critters to see how they inspire alien creatures on far-off planets.
All activities are included with general museum admission fees.
Note: In Another Galaxy Weekend is a program of the National Museum of Play at The Strong and is not sponsored or endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. Photo by Steve Stotzfus. Courtesy of Fly Magazine © 2007.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to
8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Admission Fees: General admission (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): Adults $13, Seniors $12, Children (2–15) $11, Children younger than two free, Museum members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General admission fee plus $2 for members, $4 for nonmembers; children under 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.